Thursday 8 September 2011

Chapter Four: FEATURING VENICE!

Author's Note:
HIS UPDATE SPEED! IT'S OFF THE CHARTS! I have also not decided if this is Venice the OC or Venice the person we know and love. Decide for yourself.

I live in a small apartment above The Broken Spine. The store closes at seven on weekdays, and I clean up a little before retiring at half-past. As I ascended the stairs to the flat, I heard muffled voices coming from my living room. I couldn't quite make out what they were saying, though.
I grabbed a book and raised it over my head, poised to strike. I then noticed that it was a first-edition copy of Game of Thrones, and I put it back where I had found it. (I didn't want any skulls denting it.) I picked up a different hardback and continued up the stairs.
Lying flat against the wall, I pushed the door open just like they do in every bad cop movie ever. The voices didn't stop, and I still couldn't make out what they were saying. I jumped into the room, and prepared to strike.
Venice Rain was sitting on my sofa playing Mass Effect. The voices had been her Shephard trying to romance Garrus.
"Stop breaking into my house," I said, as I walked into my kitchen to get some juice.
"It's fun, it's easy, and you have an XBox," said Venice, not looking up from the cutscene. "Also, you need more orange juice," she added, shaking the empty carton over her head.
I closed the fridge I had been scanning for the absent juice, and I walked over to my sofa, picking up a book on the coffee table.
"You're here so much, you may as well just move in," I said offhandedly. "I daresay you're here more than I am. I'll just get you a damn key cut. Also, I still don't know how you get in."
"I still don't know how you guessed my given name," she replied, as I flopped down onto the sofa beside her.
"What are you reading?" asked Venice, eyes still glued to the screen. "Epic of Gilgamesh? Jules Verne? Kafka? The Argos catalogue?"
"New issue of Batman."

7 comments:

  1. XD
    I still don't know ¬_¬ it's beacuse he's stalking me.

    plus, if you romance anyone BUT Garrus, GTFO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrwCJxR1Xgk

    Brilliant as always luv! I can hardly ever wait for more.

    (also, OC. It just works better =P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! IS WONDERFUL!


    IZ AMAZING!

    NEED MOAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys!
    Stop making my ego bigger!
    =P

    Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who'd willingly read Kafka? 0o

    *looks at the Kafka she has to read*
    ... at least I have more than half of it, now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. but I want to save Niall... *sniff*


    hmm... actually, I think it'd be rather fun to be kidnapped by you... LETS DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its my latest fic =P


    sorta kinda whatervera

    ReplyDelete